Leaf Proxies Review – How Safe Is It? Get The Truth Here
My super thorough Leaf Proxies Review will tell you all you need to know about this proxy provider.
I’ve gathered experiences from countless users to provide you with all the ups and downs of Leaf Proxies’ service.
Is it up to par or not? What’s going on behind the curtains?
If you’re intrigued to find out, keep on reading!
Leaf Proxies is one of the popular proxy providers that deals in:
- Residential proxies
- Datacenter proxies
Both have their purpose, depending on what you need.
If you require fast and cheap proxies, datacenter proxies are for you. Keep in mind they’re not as reliable as residential proxies.
Residential proxies are IPs from real users, so when you use them, you appear as a real user too.
On the other hand, datacenter proxies come from servers and not real people. Getting detected, banned, or blocked is a risk you have to accept if you opt for datacenter proxies.
Datacenter proxies are great for:
- Email protection, etc.
Admittedly, datacenter proxies don’t suit various use case scenarios, but with these few, they can do wonders.
If you need more versatile proxies that you can use with plenty of use cases, go with residential proxies. They’re useful with:
- Broad-scale data scraping
- Price comparison
- Travel fare aggregation
- SEO monitoring & SERP analysis
- Ad verification
- Automation software, etc.
Do you need proxies for sneaker copping?
Leaf Proxies claim to have tested their datacenter proxies on sites like Supreme, Footsites, Adidas, Yeezy Supply, Nike, and other popular retail websites.
Just FYI, the company explicitly states they reserve the right to lock the sites between drops.
Their website offers accurate and up-to-date drop info, so make sure to follow it if you plan to use the proxies for copping sneakers.
Best Leaf Proxies Features
To be honest, Leaf Proxies’ features are a tad limited, at least compared to some other proxy providers that – interestingly enough – charge less but offer more, like Proxyland.
This is what you get with Leaf Proxies:
- Massive proxy pool
When I say their proxy pool is massive, I mean it. Their network has over 100 million IPs, which is impressive, to say the least.
This depends on the type of proxy:
- Residential proxies are active 60 days from the time of purchase or until you use up all data.
- You can use datacenter proxies for 30 days from the moment you buy them with the monthly plan.
- A daily datacenter plan means you’ll have 24 hours to use the proxies.
- Their “last-minute deal” includes proxies that you can use from the moment of purchase until 10:15 PM EST the same day.
When it comes to residential proxies, Leaf Proxies has got you covered. Their IPs come from many countries worldwide.
On the other hand, their datacenter proxies come from only two countries – the UK and the US.
Leaf Proxies offers IP authentication and user-password authentication. You can choose one once you pay for the proxies.
- Customer service
Sorry to disappoint you, but Leaf Proxies doesn’t have live CS. The good news is that they respond pretty fast on their Discord, where you can reach them 24/7.
Pricing Of Leaf Proxies
Leaf Proxies separates their tariff plans by the proxy type.
Also, datacenter proxies are billed per proxy, while residential proxies are charged per GB of data.
- Monthly datacenter plans
- Daily datacenter plans
- Last-minute datacenter plan
- Residential plan
Take a look at a couple of their packages:
As you can see, 1GB costs $19.5!
Truth be told, that’s insanely overpriced. The fact is that proxies are just IPs, and there’s absolutely no need to charge that much.
I agree that you have to buy proxies from a reliable proxy provider. But reliable doesn’t have to mean expensive.
In most cases (and I’m afraid this one too), you’re paying for the brand.
If you’re keen on trying Leaf Proxies’ proxies and don’t mind overpaying for them, then go for it.
Just know that some proxy providers offer the same – if not better – features.
And they are also almost 7 times cheaper, for example, Proxyland.
More affordable proxy providers: Proxyland
If you feel Leaf Proxies’ is out of your budget, consider giving Proxyland a shot. With them, you get:
- 1GB for $2.9
- Giant proxy pool
- Reliable residential proxies
- Responsive customer support
- Intuitive dashboard where you can keep track of various things
- Fast connection
- 99.99% uptime
- Pay-as-you-go option
- Discounts on bulk packages
Leaf Proxies vs. Competitors
|Proxyland||4.8||$2.9 per GB|
|Luminati||4||$17.5 per GB|
|Smartproxy||3.4||$15 per GB|
Is Leaf Proxies Any Good?
Leaf Proxies offers some great features – an enormous proxy pool, two types of authentication, IPs from all over the world, etc.
However, they lack some features as well, e.g., there are only two locations for datacenter proxies.
All things considered, Leaf Proxies’ service is up to par, BUT it’s heavily overpriced.
As for safety and legitimacy, there isn’t much to tell. Leaf Proxies is a 100% legit and safe proxy provider.
Why You Should Try Leaf Proxies
Leaf Proxies has a few strengths:
- Their residential proxy pool has over 100 million IPs.
- The IPs come from many countries worldwide.
- The proxies are fast.
- Your unused data will roll over to new purchases if you have an active plan (it won’t go to waste).
- They’re great for sneaker copping.
Why You Should NOT Try Leaf Proxies
Leaf Proxies has several weaknesses too:
- No city targeting option
- Datacenter IPs are restricted to two locations.
- The price per GB is borderline ridiculous.
- Datacenter proxies don’t come cheap either.
- Limited features that are overpriced.
- They are oriented towards large companies.
- They have a strict NO REFUND policy.
The Best Alternative To Leaf Proxies – Almost 7 Times Cheaper
Leaf Proxies deems their service to be worth a king’s ransom. Is it, though?
I don’t think so.
There simply isn’t a reason why they’d need to charge that much for basic features that you can get with other proxy providers.
Not only are some providers cheaper, but they also offer more features.
For instance, check out what you get with Proxyland for almost 7 times less money:
- A price that is affordable to everyone.
- They are suited for small companies.
- Ideal proxy solution for solopreneurs.
- 1GB costs only 2.9 USD.
- You have a pay-as-you-go option.
- You don’t have to commit to huge monthly subscriptions.
- It won’t hurt your budget.
- The proxies are fast and reliable.
- You can get help from their customer support at any time.
It’s worth a try, wouldn’t you agree?
Leaf Proxies: Final Score
Features: Leaf Proxies features are alright (bordering on meh). ✅
Reliability: The proxies are fast and reliable. ✅
Trustworthiness: You can trust Leaf Proxies. ✅
Proxy pool: One of Leaf Proxies’ best features is its giant proxy pool. ✅
Ease of use: Not the simplest. ⛔
Price: The prices are exorbitant. ⛔
Accessibility for small businesses: NOT available to small businesses at all. ⛔
To tell you the truth, Leaf Proxies’ features left me a bit underwhelmed, especially when I found out how much they charge.
Unfortunately, their steep prices leave out a whole clientele – small businesses and solopreneurs.
If you’re one of them, I strongly advise you to check out Proxyland, one of the best affordable proxy solutions.