When And How To Make An Instagram Slideshow
Instagram has been busy with bringing out new updates over the past few years! One popular one is the Instagram slideshow.
Now, instead of posting one photo with each upload, you can share up to ten! Your followers can now swipe through a series of photos when you post. Also, they are easily located on a feed because of the double square icon in the top right.
When To Make An Instagram Slideshow
You might be asking yourself, “Why would I use that?”
There are many reasons! Of course, that’s why Instagram introduced it.
1. Before And After Edits
Like the picture shared above, you can use the Instagram slideshow for before and after edits. Followers love to see behind the scenes of Instagram posts so using the Instagram slideshow to break that fourth wall will definitely make you stand out online!
2. Use The Instagram Slideshow To Share A Video
Sometimes we want to share a video on Instagram but don’t quite know how to incorporate it into our feed. Use the Instagram slideshow to do this!
Perhaps you took some videos for the behind-the-scenes of a post. Using the slideshow feature is a great tool to share this added extra!
3. Zoom In And Focus
Let’s say you take a photo of a bigger object and a few more close up! Don’t clutter your feed with photos of the same thing from different angles. Instead, use the Instagram slideshow tool to share up to ten photos in one post!
For example, in this photo, @janine_bauer poses with a newborn. Instead of posting twice, she has used the Instagram slideshow to post a close up of the baby. Cute and a good tip!
4. Simply Share More Photos
Sometimes it’s simply that you want to share more photos with your followers! The Instagram slideshow is perfect for indecisiveness when it comes to choosing which photo to post.
Now you don’t need to sit for half an hour, scrolling through three photos deciding which one will look the best. You can post all of them!
How To Make An Instagram Slideshow
Of course, we’ll show you exactly how to use the Instagram slideshow feature! As usual with Instagram, it’s easy to use.
- Open the app and click the plus sign at the bottom middle, where you would normally go to post a photo.
- In the photo window, there is a “select multiple” option. It looks like two squares. Click this.
- Now, you can select up to ten photos for your post. Simply select the photos you want. The number icons show you which order the photos will appear in. You can change this in the next step by holding and dragging the photos around.
- The first photo you choose determines the ratio size for the rest of the photos. For example, if you choose a square photo to start, the rest of the photos will be square.
- Once you’re happy with your selection, click Next. You will be taken to the editing page where you can choose filters for the posts. When you choose a filter, it will be applied to all images. If you want to edit each photo individually, simply click on the photo and it will take you to a separate page where you can apply select edits on each photo.
- When you’re done, click Next where you can add a caption, location and tags. From here, post as normal! Now your followers will have more to look at when you post and you can share more details with your audience!
As promised, using the Instagram slideshow tool is easy and has lots of great uses!